Thursday, September 25, 2008

The good and the bad

First off, I got confirmation from a contact in China about Ashley's formula.....I had emailed her over concern about the "tainted" formula that has thousands of babies sick in China. She wrote me back today and said that the formula Ashley gets is NOT included in the recall and has been deemed safe!! Praise!

Second, several families got their LOA today but we were NOT one of them. It was a hard day to see all the emails coming in with people asking if we got it and celebrating that they had gotten them. At about 5pm we knew ours was not included. I was a mess. Jay came home with a babysitter in the car! He knew I needed to get out of this house for awhile. We spent some time praying and reading and then got something to eat.

God is still good. This morning I told Him, "Lord, I'll praise you even if we do not get it today" So tonight although I am very broken hearted and weepy, I am praising Him. Praising Him for the close to 50 salvation's/baptisms at our church THIS WEEK. Praising Him that Ashley is in foster care with a foster mother that adores her. Praising Him that her formula is safe. Praising Him that she is HEALTHY.

We have so much to be thankful for. We'll get it soon, I pray. Thanks for praying us through this!

8 comments:

The Walkers said...

I am so so sorry. I know yesterday was so hard for you. What a blessing to know Ashlei Mei hasn't been drinking the tainted formula, and she has a foster family who loves her so much and is taking good care of her. I'm praying for you at this difficult time. Your RA will come, and soon I'm sure.

In Him,
Shannon, an AWAA buddy

Jay said...

To all of you who are praying for our baby we thank you for the prayers. My wife uses this blog as a way to share her thoughts and heart felt desires about the journey to Ashley Mei.

This is my thought for you who are reading this and my prayer for you:

We believe in our heart that our calling is to adopt Ashley from China. We knew going into this journey the faith we had in Christ and the calling to adopt that he placed in us would carry us through the good days and bad.
Yesterday, I really thought that would be the day we got the call or adpotion terms LOA. (Not to abreast on the lingo). I thought and prayed with great anticipation that the Lord would give us the call that day.

He didn't so....... what does that say? My God is unable, unwilling, not caring or even does he understand what I want.

The answer to all those is "NO."

The reason is the same reason he gave Isaiah the words in Isaiah chapters 55. Isaiah says,

"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near." vr. 8 - My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither your ways my ways, declares the Lord. " As the heavens are higher than the earth , so are my ways higher than yours and my thougts than yours. "

I encourage you like I was led to this chapter if you are dealing with something that is hard read the whole chapter and understand the awesomeness of our Lord. He lets you know, me know, and my wife know that he is still on the throne. He didn't step off for one minute and goes on in that chapter to show us the Word of God is crucial in hard days.
The neat thing is after chapter 55 he flows right into Salvation for others. So, this tells me to look to him each new day and press on to show others that my God is a GREAT and MIGHTY God.

One more thing.

If you know today that you don't have a relationship with Jesus but you have facts in your head then you can't experience true peace and be real and honest. The thing you need to do is ask Christ to come in your heart, save you from your sins, and allow his spirit to leave inside you and make you like himself each day from now until we see him again. My prayer as you read this is that you will do that now. Read Romans in the Bible starting in chapter 10 and verse 9. That is the best decision you can make today and I pray you will today. Knowing about God doesn't count but knowing him is everything.

In Him
Jay

Alli said...

I've been wondering about Ashley's formula. PRAISE TO THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alli said...

I love what you wrote Jay. Awesome!

Stephanie said...

Praise the Lord that Ashley's formula was not tainted!! (I have thought of her often as well) Jay, it is evident that the Holy Spirit does reside in you and Emily. Thank you for letting us join you on this journey. We are praying.

Jenn said...

Praying along with you and keeping the faith!!

Blessings,
Jenn

Denise said...

I have been there my friend, but like you trusted that God was in control...it is not easy to have your baby on the other side of the world, but He knows the right timing for it all.

Love and hugs~

*awesome post by your hubby!!!

Jill said...

I'm sorry you didn't receive it. Waiting is so hard.

Your husband's words were exactly what I needed today...tell him, thank you.

Covering your family and little Ashlei in prayer...