Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Can't Fix Stupid

Yes, I said stupid, and No we don't allow our girls to say that word but I'm assuming that not many small children are reading this so I said it. Stupid.

Last night we went out to dinner to celebrate Avery making the honor roll!! yeah Avery! This is normal for her, however, with missing a total of 14 days of school to go to China and having to make up a zillion tests....it was cause for a celebration! She has worked so hard and we are very proud!

Now back to stupid.

We got the normal questions...Are they all yours? FOUR girls? *grin*

Then she came. The waitress. Here was one for the ages....

"So are ya'll doing that thing on TV where you like, sponsor a child for $15 a month...is she one of those kids?"

Really. Really? Ya'll I was good. I could have seriously come back with something sooooo sassy...

(yeah, she's just 15 bucks a month and we can send her back whenever we want...you should do it!! It's so much fun!! Make a difference...they actually let you go and GET the child you sponsor!!")

I wasn't sassy...there were children around and you know, they watch how I react to *STUPID* questions. Praise Jesus Ashley isn't old enough to understand what they're saying. Yet.

"No, she is our daughter and the Lord led us to China to get her....isn't she just the cutest thing? Now could you bring us some more rolls please?"

Can't fix Stupid. But with the Lord's grace and some "Holy Duct Tape" (ash), maybe we can educated it.

12 comments:

Tammy said...

LOL!!! That is one for the books!! wow...I know that was hard to hold your tongue....what a ditz!!!

Rhonda Rae said...

wow I think I would have been pretty speachless that really was stupid and thats a word I try not to use very often.

Jen Talley said...

Oh wow!! That takes the cake!!! Very thankful for Holy Duck Tape.

Jill said...

LOL Oh my gosh...seriously!?? You were way sweeter than I would have been. LOL

"T" said...

Oh no.I sponsor a child from Uganda and One from ethiopia.They ain't comin her are they. I guess I better go make up thier rooms:) Thanks for the heads up Emily

tammi said...

whoa.

*clapping for you**

Because I would have shot off at the mouth, offended the server, embarrassed my husband, and probably said a word that I wouldn't want my children to hear and/or repeat.

Seriously. Some people are SO incredibly insensitive.

Unknown said...

This one takes the cake!!

Stephanie said...

It's really kind of sad when people just don't even know better, isn't it?? I agree with everyone else...you handled it much better than I could have. I would have popped off!!

Kim and Dennis said...

Wow, that is a new one! And I thought I had heard it all by now.

Once while checking out at Walmart,
the cashier said, "I remember when ya'll got her. That is so nice. It makes me sick when people keep getting more and more so they can keep getting all that money."
Lia was there with me and I did not know what to say. I said nothing.

Anonymous said...

Em- you have more patients then Lang or I. He would have been the one to say something smart. Praise God for Holy Duck tape!!! I take it you won't be seating her her section again. Did you leave her a tip?
Love- Melissa Wittman

The Smiths said...

Wow, that one was amazing! You are setting a good precedent for me to follow if we adopt a baby of another race. Good word for her!

Shana said...

Unbelievable! That's not one I would have imagined hearing.

I'm getting ready for the "is she adopted?" question..."yeah, it's just some freak dark skinned gene that jumped out with her and skipped the others..."

sheesh...you handled it very well though...kudos to you!