Monday, December 8, 2008

Growing Weary...

Well it's official.

As of January 1, 2009, the orphanage donation that was 3,000 dollars is increasing to 5,000.

This is a China thing, not an agency thing, and is for anyone in the world that travels to China after Jan 1 to bring home a child. There have been rumors of this for months and now it's official. It's the first time it's increased in 16 years and honestly, it really is a good thing...it means better care for the orphans left behind and the possibility that more children will be made paper-ready for adoption.

It just comes at a terrible time for us and so many families. If we do not travel on Dec 25th, we'll have to bring an additional 2,000.00 with us that we do not have. And with it being Christmas, it's a hard time for people to give. I know that.

I'm growing weary. I feel 9 months pregnant with no end in sight. It's one of those days where things just seem impossible.

That means that it's prime time for God to show up. In a big way.

We're on our knees begging God to allow us to leave the 25th...thanks for joining us in that prayer.

I'll update as soon as I hear something.

10 comments:

Mrs. Winn said...

Delurking to say that I have been praying for your family and am on my knees with you that your TA will have you in China before the increase. God's timing is perfect- hold tight to that.

kate said...

I was just praying for you in the shower and praying you could even leave sooner! We will definitely be begging God to get your there before Jan. 1.

The Vinyards said...

I pray that you guys get to travel to China before the "increase".
Jennifer

Jen Talley said...

Praying for you guys!!! I know you are stressed. Lord....we need you to move on their behalf right now. Push any paperwork through quickly. Let them get a Consulate appointment today!!! In Jesus name.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Emily, you know it *seems* impossible but WITH GOD all things are possible. If you do not get to go on Dec. 25, He will provide that money. He has not brought you all this far. I know you know that and I am just trying to encourage you. I hope you know that too!

And last but not least, thank you for laying it out there. We have to do that too! He know how we are feeling anyway--weary and all. I really do believe it is going to happen soon. And don't hesitate to be persistent. We firmly believe if we had not pushed, we would have not been to China for another month and we don't think Susannah had that much longer to wait on a new heart. So all that to say, if and when you get that TA, make your desires KNOWN. You and Ashley have waited LONG enough!

Praying.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Oops. He has not brought you all this far TO STOP working it all out now.

Laurie said...

I was so sad to hear this news the other day. I pray that you guys will get that TA soon and GET HERE fast!!

Jill said...

Our homegroup prayed specifically for you guys tonight.

((HUGS))

Heather said...

Praying that God will provide for you in this most magical time.

Jenn said...

Thinking about you and praying for you!

HUGS,
Jenn