Saturday, November 1, 2008

From Ashley's Daddy

Dear Friends and Family,



I am posting a blog for prayer for our Ashley Mei Hao. These 100 plus days have been tough. We know that God is in control of when we get the RA that is needed to move forward in this process to get our baby girl. We know his timing is never late but our hearts are ready.



Beyond Ready.



I am asking as Ashley's father to interced on her behalf to pray for her everyday. We need prayer warriors who will pray these needs:



1. Pray continually- I Thess 5:17

2. Pray for specific needs. Her health

For patience and understanding for Emily and I



When do you pray. Ashley was born July 1 2007.... so Emily and I are starting a new thing tomorrow and we are asking you to join us. Everyday we are asking you to pray at 1:07 pm. This time symbolizes the day she was born and the month and the year as well.

We know that prayer, hope,, love, and faith is all we've got and need, but we need you to answer the call and help us because lately it's been hard. I need those of you who read this to take the 1:07 challenge for Ashley Mei and let's continue to be amazed at the Great God we serve. Please only post your prayers as your comments as it will encourage us to read them.



1:07 ........... are you in?



Jay

7 comments:

strandfam said...

I will be praying for your family and your precious daughter Ashlei Mei.
Let Ashlei dwell in the shelter of the Most High and rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Be her refuge, her fortress, her covering, her shield. Do not let her fear the terror of the night, nor any type of plague or sickness come upon her. Do not let any harm or disaster come near Ashlei. Command your angels to guard her in all her ways and keep her from hurting herself. When Ashlei calls on you, answer her. Be with her in trouble; deliver her and honor her. Satisfy her with long life and show her your salvation. Psalm 91

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

In His love
Sarah Strand

Amy said...

I'm in!!

Carla said...

I am in.

I remember well the pain of waiting, of being "skipped" for LOA and how hard it was each day after 100. Frankly, to me, each day after 100 days seemed like another 100days.

{HUG}

You are all in my prayers, and I will be rejoicing with you when you get that RA!

Cheryl said...

I just wanted you to know that you have been on my heart and in my prayers. Now I will specifically be praying at 1:07pm!

Lord God, I pray that you surround this family with your mighty and loving hands, that you would lift them up, encourage and protect them. As they wait, that you would bring them the peace that can only come from you...I praise you that they can wait with hope and joy. I pray for Ashlei Mei, for her health and safety, and for loving care. I ask you Lord, the mover of mountains, for your provision in obtaining their RA. Precious Lord, I pray that you would even now, be preparing their hearts and minds for the day they will join as a family. I pray, Lord God, that you will richely bless this family and that your mighty and loving hand will be undeniable in their journey.
And now, may the living Lord Jesus Christ go with you. May he go above you to watch over you; behind you to encourage you; beside you to befriend you; within you to give you peace and before you to show you the way...now and forever more. Amen.

I found this verse to be such an encouragement... Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Blessings,
Cheryl

Denise said...

I am in for sure!!!

Naomi said...

You know we are praying!!! (It might be a bit hard while in China but hey, we'll pray 1.07 china time and she is right there!!)

Father of the Fatherless............... you know. You understand and you care about this precious family and their little girl Ashley. You know why it is taking so long. You know what still needs to be prepared before that appointed time you have set when the RA arrives. You know if there are obstacles which need to be overcome through prayer. You know. We do not. That is why we cry out to you and humbly acknowledge our need for you to work in this situation. We ask in Your Name for a miracle. We ask that you would defeat those giants which are working against bringing her home. We ask that you would encourage Jay and Emily to persist through prayer and to experience more of you like never before. Hold them in the palm of you hand and increase their faith moment by moment. Lead them beside the still waters and restore their soul. You ARE able, You ARE GOD!!

"Believe in the Lord your God and you shall be established" 2 Chron 20;20

"If you do not believe, surely you shall not be established" Isaiah 7:9

Believing with you,
Naomi and Jeff

Embracing my perfectly imperfect life said...

Emily,
It was great to meet you and I will be praying that is my promise to you both. Thank you for allowing me to share in your journey this way.