Thursday, October 2, 2008

A little retail therapy!

Ok, so I was back reading on this blog and realized it's been pretty "heavy" lately. I usually come here to vent or express emotions and with all the emotions over the last few weeks, I just wanted to show that we have been having fun getting ready to have a baby in the house again!
This stuff is things we accumulated over the last few months since referral.




Her diaper bag for church! I got Annalyse one very similar and they are going to look *PRECIOUS* walking thru the halls at church together with the these!




We got this at the "after 4th of July sale" for her to wear home on the airplane to the USA! It say's "all american cutie" and it's so soft and comfy for the llloonnggg ride home.



















Mama's backpack for trekking around China! It's filled with things we've been gathering. Stacking cups, Gerber puffs, baby photo album, and her Mai Tai sling wrap thing to carry her in while walking out and about. It also has some things like Tide sink packets, Bounty travel paper towels, hand sanitizer, and other travel items. We'll re-distribute them into suitcases and such, but I've been storing them in this bag. I'm going to monogram "CHINA 08" on it!!!






















And lastly, BOTTLES!! I've got a few more other than these. The girls are THRILLED that she's going to be taking a bottle for many months! I've nursed all the girls and this is literally the first time we've ever had a bottle in our house at all! They are already discussing who will give her what bottle at what time of day :)

That's all for now! We have some other things, including a crib and bedding, but we're not going to start all that until we get our LOA. We also have a bazillion girl clothes, bows, shoes and such...so much in fact, that Ashley already has about 3 dozen outfits hanging in her closet. When you are the 4th daughter, you are never lack for clothing!

12 comments:

tammi said...

How fun! Planning for a baby is always so exciting and special...even more so perhaps when you already "know" her. :)
So excited for you guys and I've totally become a blog stalker, waiting and hoping along with you for the next exciting step in your journey! :)

Emily said...

hey Tammi! glad to have you along for the trip:)

kate said...

That is so fun! Thanks for showing us all of your fun things for Ashley. I know you can't wait to get her in your arms. I bet she'll love the baby stars (gerber puffs- that's our name for them). Hang in there. It has to be close now! The backpack is SOOOO precious! Love it!

Stephanie said...

Still praying baby Ashley home soon!!!

Shana said...

a little retail therapy never hurt anyone!

can't wait to see the 6 of you together!

Laurie said...

Okay, Emily, after reading this post I've decided I really do need to start my packing list. You're doing a great job! LOVE the "on the way home" outfit- too cute!! Now, come on RA!! :)

Jill said...

How much fun!

You are going to have a lot of good helpers once Ashley is here! :)

Praying she will be home with you before Christmas!

Jen Talley said...

Cute!!! I love your backpack diaper bag. I used mine so much while over there. Isn't it fun to start buying things for the trip???

Denna said...

Looks like you are ready. I love her diaper bag with her name. That is so cute. Your post brings back so many memories.
I tried to find your email, but could not. If you email me I have a suggestion for you on your bottles.
sheltietwo2001@yahoo.com

Ashley said...

I can't wait till little "me" gets here. We all still look at her picture on the fridge everyday!!!!

Jenn said...

I read this and thought...."I need to get busy!!". So much to do!!

I got Karleigh Mei almost the same little backpack! Her's has a turtle on it..and her name of course. :o)

Praying we get our RA's this week!

Blessings,
Jenn

Ashley and Mike said...

I love the backback!