Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The sweet sound of grace.....

This video may just sound like cute little squeaky shoes to you....but to us, it is the beautiful sound of God's faithfulness to us. When we got Ashley's referral, we knew full well that she may never walk unassisted. We were scared and anxious, but had peace from the Lord, gently telling us to trust Him. That day we decided to move forward with her adoption was the single biggest step of faith I had ever taken. But the moment we said "yes" we began to fall in love with this child, and whether or not she ever could run with her sisters was not a concern to us. We loved her just the way she was.....much the same way that the Lord loves us..."flaws" and all!

Today, as I listen to the sweet sound of "squeak squeak" around our hotel lobby...it is the wonderful sound of a God who is "able to do IMMEASURABLY more than we can ever imagine!"

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh my!! I cannot hold back the tears!! I remember the decision day very vividly. God is so good!!

Diane said...

No finer music in all the world! Even the gorgeous piano music in the background can only set the stage for God's goodness and Ashley's sweet squeaking. I am in AWE--AGAIN!!

Unknown said...

Really wonderful and amazing sounds....God is so good and so gracious!! All praise to Him!

Am+a said...

Celine Dion... right there in China....

Kinda cool that it's "My Heart Will Go On" in the background, since I know you are all head over heels for little Miss Ashley - Hao Hao.

:-) Amanda

Anonymous said...

Every time I look at your blog I am moved. I just am praising the Lord with you! I miss you guys and can't wait until you get back. I will be praying for your Ally and Analyse as they are ready for Mom and Dad too.
Love ya
Laci

Duchess of Lanier said...

What another beautiful day you all have had! I missed a few days, and she has blossomed! Hope your paperwork is done early and that everything continues to be a positve roll back home to Georgia!
This Middle Ga transplant to Atlanta loves seeing your South GA references!

DoL
Day 47-ish awaiting LOA

Wife of the Pres. said...

What a beautiful post and testimony! Amazing!!!

I have to thank you for sharing as I had wondered at times but did not want to pry. It surely helps all of us who are feeling called back but have fears yet again about the what ifs. Thanks for being open and sharing from the heart.

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind that I found your blog through "rumor queen". We are travelling to China February 20th to receive our Grace... I believe she may have a similar diagnosis as Ashley. Seeing our little girl on her feet would be a dream come true! When you get home, I'd love to be in touch. diane.rundle@rogers.com
Diane