Sunday, January 18, 2009

few things...

Just have a minute and felt like i needed to address some of you who have left comments. First off, THANK YOU to everyone who has left thought along our journey! We look forward to reading every single word! It really does make us feel close to home to hear from everyone. I am sorry at this point that I don't have time to respond to everyone who has asked a question or wondered about something! But I wanted to catch up on a few things...
*videos are done with our old point&shoot...we have a camcorder but the little camera is so much easier to upload. All other pics are my DSLR (Nikon). I don't have my editing software here so some of these you'll see again once I can edit.

*thank you SO much to Sue, who left a comment....I want to contact you and will as soon as we get home!

*To the family that is from Cordele...can't wait to meet you and share stories!

*To those of you who have left messages to Avery...she loves it! She wants to know if she has any "email" every morning! And to those of you who have asked...she's doing great!! She's been such a trooper and has had a fun time and been a great help!

Lastly, thank you so much for your continued support and prayers...God has taught us so much about Himself this week and how He loves us. We have a LONG trip home ahead of us and will need you all to help us be "prayed up" for the journey home. All total, we'll be traveling for close to 30 hours....just the thought of that gives me a headache.

*Medical exam on Shaiman Island this morning and then shopping! More pics this afternoon!

7 comments:

Alli said...

Still praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Her smile reminds me of Jay...not sure why. Glad to see her smile so much..i know that make u smile too! love to u all..safe travels!

cch192 said...

I love the pictures! It is wonderful to see her blooming just like the flowers behind her! WE will be praying for you as you get ready to come home! Can't wait to see you! Have a fun time your last few days! Tell Avery I miss her and can't wait to see her and hear about the trip from her! Give her a big hug and kiss from me!
Ms. Cyndy

Anonymous said...

We were so eager today to see what has been going on and all the new pictures.The last couple days we have not been able to get online. Love the new pictures and all the smiles! Gaungzhou looks very pretty. We are praying for you guys. The Karrick family

kate said...

Yea! I am so glad things are going well! We will be praying that the 30 hour trip seems like 2 and it flies by! Try not to think about it- you will do it and it will be done and behind you soon.

Avery- I am so impressed with you! Your mom said that you have been such a good traveler. You know a lot of kids are not, so you must be extra special! I know Ashley is loving you and you will be so special to her all of her life. And you know- all of the memories she has of being little will have you in them! How fun is that? I hope you get to do some fun shopping today! Maybe you can pick something out for your sweet sisters at home. I know you would know exactly what to pick. I can tell you have good taste! I hope you are enjoying the warmer weather there! We live in OH and it has been so cold! Even in the negatives! And we have a lot of snow. It is really pretty and fun to play in, but very cold! We will be moving to TX soon and won't get snow as much, so we are trying to enjoy it now. Your mom said you got to see snow in China. That is so great! You are one of the few Americans who has done that! We hope you have a great rest of your trip! We are praying for all of you!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see all of you Sat. morning in the wee hours. It will be so fun to actually see and touch Ashley up close and personal. As tired as I was with the other two last week, I miss them already! Imagine that?! I'll see them Thurs. though, so I can wait that long. Avery, you do look like such a grown-up girl in all the pics. I'll be so ready to see you, too, at your house. I know it has been such a help for your mom and dad to have you there to be the "entertainer." We're praying for y'all and for a safe, quick trip home. I can hardly believe how Ashley has come around so quickly. In just a few days she's gone from all tears to all smiles. What a blessing.
Love all of you, Nana

Susan said...

What a blessing to see that Ashley has "blossomed" so much with y'all. I love seeing her smiles and watching her in the videos. She is just soooo beautiful!!! I'm glad my friend in Cordele contacted you-I had no idea your babies were from the same province! Such a God-thing! I can't wait for you to meet her. She is so sweet and her daughter Lana is precious!!! Avery, even though we don't know each other, I love seeing you in pictures with your baby sister, Ashley! What a blessing that you were able to go with your momma and daddy all the way to China to get her!!! You will never ever forget this time in your life! Our children will also go with me and my husband to get our little girl from China! We hope it won't be too long before we go. I know you are being such a big help with Ashley and that she already looks up to you and loves you so much!!! Emily, we continue to lift your family up in prayer!!!