Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Update...and another milestone...

The weekend was full of taking care of sick children :) Annalyse recovering from hernia surgery and Avery now has a fever...yuck. With everyone down and out, I had a chance to clean out the summer clothes and gear up for fall/winter...not such an easy task when you're going through clothing for 4 girls! Everything is now organized and mama is breathing easier.

As for the crib issue, and where to put it...we made a decision.

We've decided to leave everyone where they are and put Ashley's crib up in our bedroom. It's going to take some creative re-arranging, but we'll make it work. I just decided that everyone is sleeping so great now where they are, and when Ashley gets here, she's going to probably have sleep issues of her own, so why put her in a room so she can keep someone else awake? One child having sleep issues is one thing, having two or more with them may send me over the edge.

The "norm" in our house is that we put the crib up when I'm about 6 months pregnant. Daddy never let me put it up before then. So we had decided that we'd out it up when we got our LOA.

However, this morning after church he came home and said, "we're putting up her crib tonight after the girls are in bed...she's our baby and we're going to pray over it every night until she comes home."

Did I mention I love this man???? I am so excited to put it up!! Pictures to come!!

And, I saved this for last......tomorrow marks our 100th day of waiting....yep, 100 days. I really have no words. Last Thursday was a hard one, for some reason....emotionally I run the gamut, from being totally at peace to being angry, to being totally crushed. But my God can take it. He can take everything I can dish out to Him and He has been so faithful to carry me on the days that I really didn;t think I'd make it through. We are PRAYING for this week.

PLEASE JOIN US IN THAT PRAYER!

Thanks again for going on this journey with us....God has allowed me to meet some very Godly, amazing people through this road called adoption. We are so blessed.

Check back later for crib pictures!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I was looking for your email address but I could not find it... but I wanted to share a verse with you. It really got me through our LOA wait.

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

I am praying for you and cannot wait to rejoice with you guys when your LOA comes! Hopefully THIS WEEK!

Denise said...

I am so sorry...I remember being so sad when we hit 100 days...I can't recall how much longer it was...I will have to go back and look, but it was only a few days more...you have to be almost there. Continue to pray over her crib...praying for you~

Emily said...

Denise
That's so funny, i was looking at your blog and studying your timeline just this morning!

I just keep telling myself that we can't be that much longer...and we are just getting closer not further..and trying to stay positive!

Sharon said...

Emily,

Hello fellow AWAA family. My hubby & I are right behind you guys waiting for our RA. We received the referral of our sweet daughter on 8/25 with EA sent on 8/26 & PA received on 9/5. I love the idea of praying over her crib...I can't wait to go buy it. We do have her room painted, but no furniture yet. Curtains are next and I have a pair of footsie pajamas & a sweet dress hanging out in the room where we can see it. God bless your family on your journey to your sweet one.

Ashley said...

i am so sorry on the one hand that yall have had to wait so long. we are all anxious to see her but i know none more than yall. and you don't know how lucky you are to have a sweet man *crazy but sweet* like jay flynt.

but remember our lesson about waiting. what does God want you to learn during this wait? do you know yet? And remember our Phil.2:12 discussion on "these things that have happened to me..." its all just another way for us to give Him the glory.

i love you guys so much. praying for ashley's safe trip home...

Carla said...

{hug} I remember well the 100 day milestone. Praying for you.