Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am OK!!

I guess that some of you who know me well could read a lot in the previous post that simply said "sigh..." Thank you so much to the friends who sent me private emails just to say, "how are you?" You are truly gifts from God and thank you for being sensitive to the Holy Spirit and checking in on me. I really am doing alright! Last week was really hard with it being the 1st of the month, and knowing we didn't have Ashley on her month birthday. Thank the LORD we don't have to miss a "year" birthday...I may not have made it through that one! We really haven't heard anything new. Some of the families that got their referrals in June got their LOA's this week so that means we're getting closer. What WAS supposed to be about a 2 month wait has been stretched into about a 3 month wait. Most families are now waiting 70-90 days for them, not the 40-60 we were originally told. Of course the entire city of Beijing was shut down for a month, (Olympics) so who knows how that effected things. I'm very grateful for the fact that they are coming in for June people because that means we're next with July. Our prayer all along has been that it would come by the end of September and if it came on the last day, that would mean we would've waited 79 days. Ugg.

Our prayer continues to be that we'll get it in September. We are begging the Lord!! That would put us traveling in November or even early December. What we REALLY don't want to do is travel at Christmas. Yes, people are sometimes in China on Christmas Day. I of course, would go get her whenever they said GO! but I think Christmas away in a far away country without my girls would be so so hard. I really don't think we'll travel THAT late, but the thought does cross my mind. Please just pray it comes in September!!!!!!

We've also applied for three more grants this week. We still need several thousand dollars to complete this so we need the Lord to come through in one way or another. All of our money now is for travel.

Thanks so much for those of you that are checking in on us!! I'm going to start posting a "who's in China" link on the right to show you the families with blogs that are traveling with our agency at any given time. There is a large group there now and one leaving on Thursday so i'll get those links up tomorrow. Enjoy seeing these families unite and pray we get to go SOON!!

I'll leave you with this verse that I've been claiming all week...

"The Lord of hosts has sworn saying, "Surely, just has I have intended, so it has happened, and just as I have planned, so it will stand" Isaiah 14:24

I hope that verse will encourage you in whatever you are waiting on God to do in your own life!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Praying for you guys. I know how tough it is... trust me! It is hard and most of the time, you will not understand WHY. However, HE is good and faithful and will send it to you in his perfect timing. I know it's so hard to think that... but it's true. It will come and you will be absolutely rejoicing on that day!!

Can't wait to see it posted. Hoping it's in September!!

Emily, big sister to AnnaClaire and now Kate (LOA yesterday after 87 days!!)

Jenn said...

Hi Emily....

I was thinking of you today. How are you doing on this wait? I think we are on the same day. I'm on day 69 today. Lifting you up!!

Blessings,
Jenn
AWAA family :o)