Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy 14 Month Birthday Ashley Mei!!

Today is a hard day. I think the 1st of every month is going to be from here on out. Today our girl turns 14 months old! The wait is getting to me these days...it's a long and complicated system and everyday we wait is another day longer we wait to go to China. We're still hopeful for November travel, but it may very well be December. December. Yuck. The only thing I cling to is the promise I felt God gave me last Christmas...she'll be home by this time next year. I hear it whispered to my heart as clear as day, driving to a Christmas party for our SS class. So that's what I hold onto and know that she will be with us this Christmas. He said.

We have a big yard sale coming up this weekend so if you live close by and have some junk, bring it over!! (or come shop for that matter!!) We've still got several thousand to raise for travel so this is our first crack at it. Also, I'm mailing off 3 grant applications tomorrow, so please pray that we get awarded at least one. We'll get there!

Happy Birthday, sweet HaoHao...we love you....and we're going to have the BIGGEST birthday celebration when you turn two next summer!!! We have a lot to make up for!!

1 comment:

Denna said...

I hope she is home before Christmas also. We got our Brooke in December and it was sooooo cold. That made cuddling nice though. Brooke had a soft pink blanket that she loved. She refers to that blanket as her China blanket.