Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Update


I totally forgot to include all the other information that we got on Ashley...I was so amazed we got pictures, all else was fog!! Here's what we learned:


She can walk holding the Nanny's hand, and walks very good in her walker.

She still takes a bottle, (can't wait to give her that!) and is not a picky eater.

She is happy, and active,

She is called "Hao Hao" as a nickname, by her foster family.

She can sit up and crawl, (expected this, but I asked anyway)



I'm having a hard time coming to the reality that I believe they have returned her to the orphanage. When babies are being adopted, it is common practice to take them out of foster care and move them back into the orphanage until their family comes. This is so hard for me. The only family she's known is now not with her anymore, and I'm sure that was a rough transition. I was doing so well knowing she was in a foster home, getting one on one attention, but not so anymore. The reason I believe this is because in these pictures, they tile on the floor is the same as in her referral picture....and that long white balcony is not something an apartment would have. However, we trust in the Lord and and we are begging Him to keep her safe and healthy until we can get there. Speaking of....it's day 41. We are anticipating it being September before we get our approval, and that is what we're asking the Lord to do.


Prayer requests:

That she will be loved and cared for as best as possible

That we'd get our approval in September

Finances: We still have a lot more to raise! We're walking by faith, not sight!!


3 comments:

Denise said...

I know how you feel about being sad about her being taken out of foster care...Maggie was too(3 months before I went). But I have to tell you, her adjustment has been amazing. Pray, pray and pray some more and God will answer those prayers~

Donna said...

My little one was not taken out of her foster home. However, the updated pics I received were taken at the orphanage, but just as a visit. THe director has to approve of the pics, so they want to control what pics and where they are taken so that could be why they are at the orphanage. I hope you little one is still in the hands of the ones who care about her. Good luck on your journey!

Kay Bratt said...

She may still be in foster care. In my experience, the children to be adopted were kept in foster families until the adoption day. The reason for the same tile may be because the foster families must bring the child to the orphanage monthly for a check over. (I think a great rule..) We saw our foster parents there a lot with the kids.

Kay