Wednesday, June 4, 2008

they were a no show....

The three docs from Houston didn't arrive yet, so looks like we won't be sending our dossier till next week :(

That's alright, it's coming soon and we're sure it'll be at AWAA by next Wednesday so there is a peace in that. Come on Houston!!

Here's something really neat....

When I was pregnant with AD, the Lord began to really speak to me about China (this had been going on for years, but it was becoming apparent that it would be sooner than we thought...anyway, some people we "kinda" knew, the Footes, were going to China to get their daughter, Libby. Billy and Cindy are good friends with some good friends of ours, and Jay had hired them to lead worship on a youth retreat he had when he was a YM in MS. They were the first family that I actually "followed" via their blog and I actually got up at 5am on their "Gotcha Day" because I knew they would've posted pics of precious Libby. I cried as I read and saw all that happened to them that day, and the Lord spoke loud and clear to me that morning that our family would experience the same thing sometime in the future.

Fast forward, and the Footes are now about to turn in their dossier to AWAA to adopt another baby girl, this time from Ethiopia. And guess what? They are turning in their Ethiopian dossier NEXT WEEK! The same week we're turning ours in for China! Although they probably have no clue who we are, this is very confirming to me. The Lord's timing is amazing, and I cannot wait to meet miss Libby one day, and introduce her to our Ashley!! Cool, huh??!!

1 comment:

Cindy Foote said...

Emily! LOVE THAT! Thank you for letting me know to read. It's always so encouraging to realize how God has used our journey to inspire others to adopt. WOW. So amazing! I can't believe our dossiers are headed out at the same time... 2 different countries, 2 different children - but the same amazing story of God's desire to give orphans a hope and a future. Looking forward to following the rest of the journey! Cindy Foote