Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm official!

I recently applied for my passport and was told it could take up to eight weeks until it arrived...as I was walking out of the post office that day, I said, "Lord, we need that passport for our dossier, so we really would like it in 4 weeks if possible...."

It came TODAY. TWO weeks after I applied for it!!!!!

God is the God of surprises and the impossible! I have been reading so much lately about obedience...and I need that reminder all the time. God doesn;t want us to ask how, why, where and when..He just asks us to be obedient to what He has called us to do. When I finally release the control and let Him be HIM, things go so much smoother (duh?). People think we are crazy. Why not just have another kid? Why China? Why not be a foster parent? Isn;t that SO expensive? Because we are being obedient. Because Ashley is in China. Because that's not what God told us to do. Yes, God is taking care of the bills.

Adoption can be a lonely road (and is) for the most part. You can't imagine the emotions unless you are going through it. You can't understand the highs and lows. It's a struggle of faith, endurance, grief and obedience all rolled into one. Adoption is a God thing. It is His design.

Where was I? Oh, yeah..the passport. My picture is terrible.

1 comment:

Shana said...

so cool...why don't we just take our hands off of things more often? we know that He'll take care of us!