Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Wait

Today I was playing around on some China adoption websites and came across a "referral calculator." This allows you to put in your LID and see how long it could possibly take to get a referral. I played around and put our LID as 10/1/07. The date it gave me was July 16, 20011!!!!! That is almost 4 years. This is however, the timeline for a "healthy" child and we are pursuing a Special Needs (SN) adoption so we'll see. AWAA tells me it's more like 18-24 months, so I'm not sure what makes for the difference, however even 18-24 months sounds a whole lot better than 4 years. Some websites say that the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) is close to 25,000 in numbers as far as families waiting on referrals and they are currently giving out about 600-700 per month. It's a lot to think about! I'm trying not to focus on the wait and the numbers and rather focusing on praying and believing God for the child he has for us. Also, we need to pray for all the families waiting for their children and especially the children, who suffer more for these waits than us American adults could even imagine.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Em, I am reading every word of this & loving it. Shane and I have been talking about you guys alot. In fact, we were just talking about it before I checked your blog. I was telling him about how you are willing to accept a special needs child. He said he had been thinking about that lately & how he didn't think he could do it any other way. We love you guys & we're so excited for you.